Forest management is regulated by the state.
The Forest Management Plan issued by the Council of Ministers in 1997 stipulate the following aims:
- to attain and maintain multipurpose forest management;
- to maintain continuous growth of productive and non-productive functions of forests (wood harvesting, increasing the forest cover index and average standing volume, managing forest nurseries);
- to augment the social usability of forests - forest is to be a place of rest, relaxation and education.
The management plan of the Sulechów Forest District is comprised of the following parts:
- general characteristics of the forest district;
- nature preservation programme;
- appraisal description by sub-districts for the forest district and the Regional Directorate of State Forests in Zielona Góra (RDLP-Regionalna Dyrekcja Lasów Państwowych w Zielonej Górze);
- register of planned final cuts;
- reports for forest ranger areas, with appraisal descriptions;
- cartographic and numerical materials;
- fire protection regulations;
- hunting management regulations;
- description of natural and cultural qualities.
Forest Management Plan is to ensure the profitability of forestry as well as improvement of forest conditions and forest protection. The plans are created as means of maintaining ecological balance - forest management cannot be subject to extremity.